Grants and affordable, federal student loans enable eligible students to learn skills and earn salaries within one year.
Applying for Financial Aid
Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Students applying for federal financial aid and state or local grants must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Enter financial information from the previous year's federal income tax return(s)
- or use the FAFSA Data Retrieval Tool (DTR) to have the IRS enter the data for you
- Enter the Eastland Fairfield school code 016975
- Students and parents of Dependent students must electronically sign the FAFSA with a PIN code. Apply for a PIN at www.pin.ed.gov
Verification of your FAFSA:
If you are informed that your FAFSA has been selected for Verification, please read the about the Verification Process
. You will need to bring a completed Verification Worksheet
to the Student Services office at 4300 Amalgamated Place, Groveport, Ohio with:
- Tax transcripts of the federal returns used to fill out the FAFSA, if you did not use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
- Any documentation specified by the Financial Aid Office, such as receipts of SNAP benefits or evidence of child support paid
To request tax record transcripts, visit www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcrip
t, or call 800-908-9946
Grants, Loans, and VA Benefits
Eastland Fairfield provides Pell Grants and Stafford Direct loans to eligible students. Find out about these federal Title IV programs at studentaid.ed.gov
. To fill out a promissory note for undergraduate subsidized and unsubsidized loans, or a Parent PLUS loan application and promissory note, or to complete your loan Entrance Counseling requirement, visit www.studentloans.gov
Students with VA educational benefits can use them to take many of our full time or part time certification classes. Go to www.gibill.va.gov
to apply for benefits or review the VA benefit programs.
For more information about our students' financial aid, completion rates, and job placement success, visit the National Center for Education Statistics website nces.ed.gov/ipeds/
. Call 888-482-9643 ext. 1535 and ask for Bob Thomas if you have general financial aid questions. Come to our Student Services office in Groveport to fill out all of your financial aid-related forms online.