Eastland-Fairfield Career & Technical Schools Adult Workforce Development Center offers GED testing as well as GED preparation classes. For information regarding the GED test, please contact Mandy Smith.
4465 S. Hamilton Rd
Groveport, OH 43125
Test Taker Process
How to Claim and Use your GED Voucher
Congratulations on making the decision to take the GED! Eastland Career Center is an Authorized Career-Technical Planning District and we can issue eligible test-takers a voucher worth up to $80 towards the cost of the GED test. When you are ready to schedule your test, follow these easy steps to receive your voucher. The voucher is valid for 120 days from the date it is issued. Don’t claim it too early—be sure you’re ready to schedule your test before you get the voucher.
- If you haven’t already done so, set up a SAFE account with the Ohio Department of Education at https://safe.ode.state.oh.us/portal/signup/signup
- Set up an account with the GED Testing Service at www.ged.com. This account is called “MyGED” and the Dashboard (home page) is where your voucher alert will show up.
- Follow the prompts after setting up your “MyGED” account until you get to a screen that asks if you are willing and able to participate in the voucher offer.
To receive the voucher: You must answer “Yes” to participate.
- To claim your voucher, contact an Authorized Career-Technical Planning District, such as Eastland Career Center. To receive your voucher from Eastland Career Center, you can contact Mandy Smith by phone, email, or in person.
If you have questions about the voucher process, please contact Mandy Smith, by phone, email, or in person.
- For the full list of Authorized Career-Technical Planning Districts, follow the link in your Dashboard Alerts on MyGED or visit www.education.ohio.gov/topics/Career-Tech/GED-CTPD.
Using your GED Voucher
GED 2014 costs $120 (4 tests/$30 per test). Your voucher is worth up to $80. You can use all of it at once if you apply to take all four subject area tests at the same time. The cost to you of the full test is $40. If you schedule each test separately, you can use $20 from the voucher on each test. The cost to you for each individual test is $10. The maximum amount you’ll pay to take GED 2014 the first time with a voucher is $40.
The voucher is valid for 120 days from the date it is issued.