Eastland-Fairfield Career & Technical Schools provides you with more than state-of-the-art technical training and high school credit.
Eastland-Fairfield Career & Technical Schools is dedicated to preparing students for a successful transition to college. Partnerships have been created with several colleges/universities and the Ohio Department of Higher Education to give students a head start on earning college credits while still in high school, saving both time and money.
The college credits available through the Career-Technical programs fall into three categories:
- Articulated Credits;
- College Credit Plus credits; and
- Career-Technical Credit Transfer (CT)2.
The type you earn depends on your qualifications.
Articulated Credits are granted to eligible students in a Career-Technical program based on an agreement between EFCTS and a 2 or 4 year college/university. Students must attend the college/university awarding the credit and complete one course at that school to have articulation credits added to the college transcript. For details on what college/universities EFCTS has an agreement with, check out the specific program in which you are interested. Articulated Credits are a great place to start your path to the future by saving you time and money.Process and Awarding of Credits
NOTE: Articulated credits are the responsibility of the student to pursue. Awarding of credits is at the discretion of the college/university.
- apply and be accepted to the college/university awarding the credit within the timeline outlined in the agreement;
- earn a qualifying grade in the articulated course, determined by the college/university; each college/university may require additional criteria;
- obtain the Recommendation for Articulation Credit form available in the ECC/FCC guidance office or the program instructor at Satellite locations;
- complete and submit the Recommendation for Articulation Credit form and any other required documentation to the college/university
- earn at least one hour of college credit at that school
College Credit Plus - Academic Credits
CCP credits enable qualified students the opportunity to earn academic college credits and high school credit at the same time. EFCTS currently has agreements with Hocking College and Ohio University-Lancaster. Successful students will graduate from high school with a college transcript and credits that can transfer to many other colleges and universities. Classes are taught at ECC or FCC by EFCTS college-credentialed academic teachers. Academic credits earned through Hocking College include:
ENGL 1510 - English Composition I - (3 semester hours) - ECC & FCC
ENGL 2123 - English Composition II - (3 semester hours) - ECC & FCC
MATH 1163 - Business Calculus - (4 semester hours) - ECC & FCC
BIOS 1113 - Anatomy & Physiology I - (4 semester hours) - FCCAcademic credits earned through Ohio University-Lancaster include:MATH 1300 - Pre-Calculus - (4 semester hours) - ECC & FCCProcess and Awarding of Credits
- successfully complete the pre-requisite class with a B or higher;
- obtain the qualifying placement score;
- earn a grade of a C or higher in the college academic course; and
- contact the college awarding the credits to obtain a transcript.
College Credit Plus - Technical Credits
EFCTS has partnered with several two-year colleges to award both high school and college credit to eligible students in a career-technical program. The agreement provides students the opportunity to earn technical college credits for skills they will learn. A transcript will be issued by the college partner with the awarded credits that can be transferred to any college or university in Ohio, including Cincinnati State Technical & Community College, Columbus State Community College, Hocking College and Ohio University Lancaster campus and many others across the nation.
Process and Awarding of Credits
CCP credits are currently available to students in the following programs:Architecture/Construction Management, Computer & Network Support Technology, Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts, Financial Services, Graphic Design, Interactive Media, Marketing & Logistics Management, Medical Office Technologies, Multimedia, Pre-Engineering Technologies, Pre-Nursing, and Programming & Software Development.Career-Technical Credit Transfer (CT)
- apply to and be accepted to the college offering College Credit Plus credits (CCP) through your lab.
- register for the CCP course in lab with parent permission;
- earn a grade of a C or higher in the CCP course.
Students who successfully complete specific technical programs are guaranteed the transfer of applicable credits among Ohio’s public colleges and universities through the Ohio Department of Higher Education. Process and Awarding of Credits
(CT) credits are currently available to students in the following programs:Auto Technology, Computer & Network Support Technology, Culinary Arts, Electronics, Exercise Science, HVAC, Pre-Engineering, Teaching Professions and Welding.
- contact the college/university of choice to make sure the degree program is offered;
- apply for the statewide credit transfer guarantee within two years of completing their program;
- complete Part I of the Verification of Course/Program Completion form and submit to your lab instructor or your Eastland-Fairfield school counselor;
- request that the completed (CT) be forwarded to your school of choice.
Please note that the State of Ohio is in the ongoing process of developing new Career-Technical Credit Transfer Courses. Each year more EFCTS labs are eligible for such credits.