Eastland-Fairfield Career & Technical Schools serves 16 school districts in Franklin, Fairfield, and Pickaway counties. It covers an area of 700 square miles, and is the seventh largest career and technical district geographically in the state. Students in 11th and 12th grade are eligible to attend.
The District has two main campuses — Eastland Career Center in Groveport and Fairfield Career Center in Carroll, with satellite locations at five of its associate high schools: Gahanna Lincoln, Groveport Madison, New Albany, Pickerington North, and Reynoldsburg.
Eastland-Fairfield also offers a vibrant and accredited Adult Workforce Development program that features both long-term and short-term training.
By The Numbers
- 500-The number of students at the time of the Eastland Vocational School opening in 1968.
- 1,400-Average number of current high school students enrolled in an EFCTS program.
- 2,500-Average number of adults served through Adult Workforce Development.
- 100+-The number of business partners who contribute time, knowledge, and resources to programs at EFCTS.
- 26-The number of Eastland & Fairfield high school programs.
- 8-The number of Satellite high school programs.
- 10-The number of full-time, short-term programs and services in Adult Workforce Development.
- 1968: Eastland Vocational School opens its doors with Reynoldsburg, Whitehall, Groveport Madison, Canal Winchester & Jefferson Local (Gahanna) as part of the Joint Vocational School District (JVSD).
- 1970: Teays Valley & Pickerington Local become part of the JVSD.
- 1971: New Albany-Plain Local joins the JVSD.
- 1984: Amanda-Clearcreek, Berne Union, Bloom-Carroll, Fairfield Union & Liberty Union-Thurston join the JVSD.
- 1985: Walnut Township Local (Millersport) becomes part of the JVSD.
- 1987: Fairfield Career Center opens its doors.
- 1988: Adult Education begins.
- 1995: First Satellite programs open with Performing Arts at Reynoldsburg High School and Environmental Science at New Albany-Plain Local High School.
- 2001: The district changes its name to Eastland- Fairfield Career & Technical Schools.
- 2003: 20,000 square-foot expansion to Fairfield Career Center is completed.
- 2004: Construction is completed on new 6,000 square foot building for Electrical Technology and Adult programs.
- 2010: Adult Medical Assisting and Adult Dental Assisting students move into new lab spaces at Fairfield Career Center.
- 2011: Two new satellite programs and one existing program move into Gahanna’s new Clark Hall facility.
- 2018: Eastland-Fairfield celebrates its 50th anniversary.