Eastland-Fairfield Career & Technical Center’s DECA Career-Technical Student Organization located at Groveport-Madison High School has placed 13 students in the Ohio State DECA Contest to take place on March 13-14, 2020 in Columbus, Ohio. These students qualified out of 430 competitors in central and southern Ohio.
Students enrolled in the Eastland-Fairfield Career & Technical Centers Marketing and Logistics Management program at Groveport Madison High School who placed and advanced to the state competition include:
- Alyssa Cain (Groveport Madison) placed first in Accounting Applications;
- Ricky Cooper (Groveport Madison) and Andrew Dillman (Groveport Madison) placed second in Travel and Tourism;
- Lacaisha Enis (Groveport Madison) and McKenzie Baldwin (Hamilton Township) placed third in Marketing Management Team;
- Jalikatu Kargbo (Gahanna Jefferson) and Kyland Wooden (Whitehall Yearling) placed third in Hospitality Team;
- Tyler McKee (Groveport Madison) and Cassie Salva (Groveport Madison) placed second in Buying and Merchandising;
- Mason Meier (Groveport Madison) and Fabian Velazquez (Groveport Madison) placed second in Entrepreneur Team;
- Grace Seipel (Groveport Madison) placed first in Principles of Business;
- Sydney Wertmer (Groveport Madison) placed first in Apparel and Accessories.
With nearly a 75-year history, DECA has impacted the lives of more than ten million students, educators, school administrators, and business professionals since it was founded in 1946. Their strong connection with the organization has resonated into a brand that people identify as a remarkable experience in the preparation of emerging leaders and entrepreneurs. DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.