The Basic Police Officer Training program is a full-time certificate course. This program is designed to help students develop the technical competencies, attitudes, and values critical to successful employment in the law enforcement/criminal justice field. Once certification is received, you may qualify for officer positions in local/municipal police departments, county sheriff departments, state facilities, and hospitals.
What You'll Learn
- Human Relations
- Subject Control Techniques
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Civil Disorders
- Physical Conditioning
- Homeland Security
Check out the full curriculum here
- Ohio Peace Officer - OPOTC (once appointed by a peace officer agency)
- Standardized Field Sobriety - National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Speed Measuring Device - National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- National Incident Management Systems
- National Career Readiness - ACT
* Note: This program follows the curriculum set forth by OPOTC. All hours must be fulfilled in order to complete the program. Required hours are subject to change based on OPOTA standards.
Tuition/Fees: $7,700 *
Cost Per Clock Hour - $9.87
Drug screening: $30
All necessary technology is provided to students in each classroom and lab during normal class hours. Students who wish to access school email or our learning management system (Canvas) outside of normal class hours will need access to the internet and a personal device.
Students in this program are required to wear uniforms. Many of the uniform items are issued to students and included in the tuition. Additional costs not included in tuition include, but are not limited to:
- Medical Exam
- Uniform Pants
- Uniform Boots
- Athletic Shoes
Please see the equipment information guide for more details.
Students should refrain from purchasing firearms, uniforms, and equipment until they have completed the registration process and attended new student orientation as the list is subject to change.